Computer usage and carpal tunnel syndrome are associated with each other in the minds of most people. However, carpal tunnel syndrome is only one of the many overuse injuries caused by improper computer use that we have seen at Christopher Chiropractic. Here are some tips to help keep your posture in check.
1. Adjust your chair so that your knees are about the same height as your hips and your feet are slightly in front of your knees.
2. Your lower back should be supported with a lumbar support. You should sit straight up or lean slightly back.
3. Your shoulders should be relaxed and back with your elbows close to your body and supported by armrests.
4. Your wrists and hands should be in line with your forearms and roughly parallel to the floor.
5. Your head should be in line with your shoulders from the side and straight in line with your torso from front to back. You should look straight ahead.
|Poor computer posture can cause injuries|