According to the Journal of Midwifery and Womens Health, over 90% of pregnant women with low back pain note significant relief with chiropractic care.We recently did a series of blogs on the benefits of chiropractic care throughout pregnancy including:
- Chiropractic being a healthy, safe alternative for back pain when pregnant moms can't take pain medications.
- Restoring motion to the bones of the pelvis helping to give baby more room to move, especially during delivery.
- Modifying adjusting techniques to accommodate for mom's enlarged belly.
Here are a few simple guidelines to help you pick out the best swiss ball to replace your desk char:
- Make sure the ball is adequate to sit on.We recommend purchasing a ball that is specifically used for exercise and rehabilitation. Sorry your child's large bouncy ball will not work!
- The ball must fit you! When sitting on the ball your thighs should be parallel to the floor.
- Keep your balance! Make sure that your feet are positioned wide apart, a bit wider than your hips.
- Only sit on the ball as long as it is comfortable for you.